NDI Professional Corps
Opportunities for Licensed Healthcare Providers
The NDI Professional Corps is a volunteer service program for licensed health care providers who wish to work in service in underserved areas. NDI's Professional Corps not only gives licensed medical professionals the chance to share their gift with underserved populations, but gives the provider an opportunity to expand his or her service life, work with other social health activists working in global health, and be trained to deliver naturopathic medicine in low resource countries. Volunteering in a developing country is challenging emotionally, physically & mentally, and offers great personal and professional rewards.
Qualifications: To qualify for any NDI Professional Corps position you must HOLD AN ACTIVE LICENSE IN YOUR FIELD OF MEDICINE. If you do not have a license, you can apply to our Internship Program. If your field does not license, but you hold some form of registration, your eligibility will be determined by our review process.
AS A LICENSED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER there are three ways to work with NDI:
Short Term Opportunities
2) Do a short term internship for 1 - 3 months - click here to apply
Long Term Opportunities (Annual Placement) -
3) Apply for a 15 month full time position - click here to apply
This option requires that you to live in a developing country as a primary care physician. Currently NDI offers annual placements for licensed naturopathic physicians in our Nicaragua clinic. We encourage couples and families to apply. Other providers of natural medicine, such as Chinese medicine doctors, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and midwives may inquire. There following requirements are needed to apply to the full time program:
Basic requirements for annual placement of NDI naturopathic physicians:
- Availability for a minimum of 15 months (if you would like to serve for less time, please consider applying to our Professional Corps Short Term Internship or taking a CE certified Global Health Course)
- A current naturopathic medical license to practice medicine in the USA (note: NDI will help Canadian NDs obtain a USA license - the Ministry of Health in Nicaragua will not accept registrations.)
- All other professions: Contact NDI directly for information.
- Spanish - intermediate conversational spanish required - (full time doctors conduct all consultations in spanish and will be required to take a placement test during the application process).
- Relevant travel or work outside the United States
- Read the NDI 1-Year Physician Job Description for full details
- 10-day CE Certified NDI course in Nicaragua - you must attend one of our courses before applying for a full-time position
Please contact us at email@example.com for more details.