NDI has been providing free healthcare in Nicaragua, educating current and future physicians in NDI global health courses and advancing naturopathic and integrative medicine worldwide. For over 14 years, we have proved naturopathic and integrative medicine is a sustainable solution for underdeveloped countries. Here are some of our accomplishments: NDI has treated thousands of patients, donated hundreds of thousands of dollars of medicines, and educated hundreds of doctors and students.
Some of our recent achievements:
- 25,000+ patient visits in our clinics
- 200+ PAP exams performed by our doctors
- 600+ medical students and doctors trained in NDI courses
- $750,000 in medicines and supplies donated to NDI clinics
- 60,000+ in Bragg Scholarship Awards to students and professionals
501c (3) status - Natural Doctors International is a 501c (3) tax exempt organization. All donations to NDI are tax-deductible in the USA. View our IRS Determination Letter and 990 Forms from 2016-2013 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006.
- Thesis submitted to the faculty of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in Sociology by Andrew Allen Duncan: A Participatory Evaluation of a Development NGO in Nicaragua - Download
- Internship submitted to the faculty of Marylhurst University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Change Management Communication by Susan Yirku: Exploring Workforce Needs - Future Professional Roles for Naturopathic Physicians in Primary Care and Global Health - Download
Policy & White Papers
- One Health Organisation's (OHO) healthcare policy document: Holistic Primary Healthcare Policies 2011 Download
- This White Paper is intended to stimulate discussion of policy issues regarding accidental death of volunteers when abroad, particularly for small international nonprofits doing projects overseas, international study abroad university programs and other relevant groups. It is not a statement of official NDI policy: Improving Emergency Planning and Response in Death of Overseas Volunteers Download